Hair loss can be caused by a wide variety of factors, but the results are the same no matter what. If you would like to stop the hair loss before it makes you completely bald, then read this article for tips. Fluctuating hormonal levels have also been linked to hair loss. Whether they are fluctuating due to a birth control pill, your time of the month, or menopause, changing hormone levels have been shown to play a role in hair loss. If this is the case, it’s important to not freak out because this hair loss is typically temporary.
Tips and Tricks To combat Hair loss:
- If you are going to use hair styling products on your hair, make sure to take it all out of your hair at nighttime to prevent hair loss. Keeping these products in all night allow the chemicals to sink further into your scalp, which can make your hair fall out.
- It is vital to instill quality nutrients into your diet on a daily basis. With each of your meals during the day, make sure that you get a healthy dose of vegetables. Vegetables such as carrots will give your hair the minerals it needs to function properly and maintain strength.
- If you’re thinking about purchasing a minoxidil product to assist in the re-growth of hair, aim for a generic brand. Generic brands will still give you the strong 5% minoxidil solution and the product will cost a lot less money. Never pay for the brand name. You’re paying too much money for the same results.
- There are certain types of shampoos you can buy to aid in the prevention of hair loss, so these are a great option to look in to. Not only may these products help you to re-grow your hair, but they are also designed to be gentle on your scalp while cleansing your hair, so it’s really a two-in-one product.
- Rosemary and Sage are two herbs that are effective in treating hair loss. These natural herbs work by strengthening hair, which prevents it from falling out. To use this method properly, boil both the rosemary and sage in water. Then, strain the herbs and use it daily to see results.
- If you suffer from hair loss or thinning hair, there are products called hair fiber powders that you can try. These colored, powdery fiber sprinkles adhere to your hair to give it a fuller, thicker appearance. These fiber powders are available over the counter and are fairly inexpensive.
- Avoid the use of harsh shampoos if you are trying to save your hair. They can be incredibly drying and make the hair shaft rough and difficult to comb or brush. Use a shampoo formulated for babies or children for the gentlest cleansing and condition well after shampooing. If you use sticky styling products, brush your hair well before shampooing to remove as much of the product as possible and use a gentle clarifying shampoo occasionally to remove build-up.
Balance Diet and Avoid Stress:
- Stress is disputed depending on who you talk to, but many people agree that excess stress levels can lead to hair loss. At the very least, having increased levels of stress will work to counteract any products you’re taking to assist in hair growth. Make sure you work on your stress if you want to grow your hair back.
- Eat a balanced diet to help prevent hair loss. Your diet affects your hair as well your body. By following a diet consisting of fruits and veggies, whole grain and protein, you will be feeding your hair the best diet possible to thrive. Also, vitamins are essential for healthy hair, with Vitamin C improving scalp circulation and Zinc stimulating hair growth.
- To keep from losing your hair for health-related reasons, keep tabs on your hormone levels. In both men and women, hair loss can sometimes occur due to imbalance in estrogen or androgen, and an over-active or under-active thyroid can also cause hair loss. Treating the hormonal imbalances can stop or reverse this kind of hair loss.
As stated before in the introduction for this article, the scalps of millions are affected by the problematic condition known as hair loss. It can be caused by many factors, but will always produce the same result. The tips from this article will help anyone who wishes to stop hair loss.