There are a lot of things that can go wrong, and you need to keep them all in mind when planning your trip. Read on for some tips on travelling safely. If you’re going to be travelling by air, make sure you don’t put any valuables or electronics in your checked luggage. Luggage handlers aren’t known to be gentle and any electronics may end up damaged during transport. Airlines are also known to lose luggage and you don’t want to take a chance of losing something valuable.
Tips and Tricks:
- When planing for a vacation, choose the digital camera that will meet your needs. For example, if you will be camping you may want to pack additional batteries. This will save you a lot of time and hassle on your trip.
- Use carry-on luggage. Most airlines now charge extra to check a bag. So, to avoid this cost, try to fit everything into a carry-on bag, if possible. Even if your airline is one of the few that doesn’t charge to check a bag, you may still want to avoid checking a bag. In a move to cut costs, many airlines have reduced the number of employees who handle baggage, making for a much longer wait at the baggage claim.
- Do not bother packing your entire makeup case. Makeup cases are bulky and often take up a lot of room. Instead, put any makeup you anticipate needing for your trip in a simple ziplock bag. Put it in your suitcase’s side pocket. This will save a lot of room when packing.
- If you’re planning on taking a cell phone with you on your trip, make sure to call your cell phone provider to ask them about roaming charges. The familiarity of your cell phone may make you feel better, but it may cost you a lot more to use it on foreign soil. A good alternative is buying a local SIM card and using it while you’re there.
Pros and cons of Travelling:
- Always look up recent reviews to the travel destinations and hotels that you plan on visiting. The more reviews a place has, the more reliable it is and the easier you can figure out if the place is one you want to stay at. If the review has photos, even better. Pictures tell more than words can, most times.
- Take your own travel items on the flight. This includes a pillow, blanket, entertainment device and headphones. Bringing these items allows you to be self-sufficient rather than being forced to rely on the airline for your needs. Also consider taking your own food. Airline food prices can be reasonable, but they don’t have a very good selection.
- Make sure you make the most of your destination vacation. Many hotels will book travel excursions for you, including picking you up at the hotel and dropping you back off. Tour operators are usually affiliated with the hotels so you may rest assured that you are in good hands.
- To avoid jet lag and getting sick while flying, make sure to drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated while you fly will increase your energy levels and combat fatigue. You can always ask for water on board, but it is often easier to buy a large bottle of water after you go through security.
- When packing your luggage, use your extra shoes to hold small items such as socks, jewelry, toiletries, or electronics chargers. The space inside the shoes would otherwise be wasted space. This can also help to keep you more organized if you know, for example, that all of your prescriptions medications are in your shoes.
Pay extra for the balcony when travelling on a cruise ship. Not only does it give you and your partner a little retreat, but it also provides you with an incredible view of the ocean. A balcony can add just the touch of romance that you might have been craving on your vacation. As you can see, there are a lot of things to think about to stay safe when travelling, whether you’re planning a trip or are already at the destination. Make sure to keep this article as a checklist so you can be sure not to forget anything you need to stay safe.