The right accessories can make or break an outfit. When wearing jewelry, you should carefully select the pieces you use to complete your look. But how do you know what jewelry you should be wearing? Here are a few tips that will help you select the perfect jewelry for any occasion. Make sure to regularly polish your metal jewelry. Over time it begins to collect dirt, oil and dust and that affects its sheen and overall appearance. This makes the jewelry look worn and old. Go ahead and refresh those pieces using some simple polish to make them look like brand new again.
Tips for jewelary shopping:
- Try not to bathe or swim in your fine jewelry. Many times the type of water (hard versus soft) can splash and wear the metal jewelry or stain the stone. There are also chemicals like chlorine found in many swimming pools that can turn stones and badly stain metal jewelry.
- When wearing jewelry, less is more. You don’t need to wear a necklace, earrings, bracelets, a watch, and rings to make your outfit look complete. Choose pieces that work well with your outfit and what you’re wearing. One well chosen bracelet or necklace will draw more compliments than multiple striking items.
- If you need help purchasing that special piece of jewelry for someone you care about, you should ask someone close to your special person. For instance, maybe a close friend or relative would be willing to help you pick out that special piece of jewelry. They are certainly very familiar with the individuals taste and preference and could help you select the perfect piece.
- When you want to get diamond jewelry it is important that you know the quality of the stone you are trying to buy. Any qualified or knowledgeable jeweler will be able show you the quality of the diamond you are buying. From there, the prices are explainable; the higher the quality of the diamond the more expensive.
- When wearing or buying jewelry, it is important to not go with anything large and flashy. I say this in literal terms, not as in “the diamond was so large.” This is because any jewelry like earrings or necklaces that are too large become gaudy and unattractive. It is best to stick to pieces that fit you and look right.
- Use an egg to antique your sterling silver jewelry. Just boil the egg, chop it up, and put it in a bag with your silver piece. In a few hours your jewelry will change colors and then you can polish it to a beautiful antiqued look. This is an effective method because egg contains sulfur, and sulfur causes the reaction when mixed with sterling silver.
- To make sure your jewelry always looks appropriate, consider the occasion before choosing pieces. If you’re at work, it’s best to avoid chokers and hoop earrings. Pearls are very versatile, but aren’t ideal for a very casual environment. Wearing jewelry ideal for the occasion will keep you from looking out of place.
How towash jewelary:
- See if your gem has had any treatments prior to buying, and if so, which treatments. The type of care required will differ depending on the kind of treatment. For example, improper cleaning with the wrong method may damage the stone by stripping the treatment.
- When determining the type of jewelry you should purchase for your significant other, you should always remember that quality does count. Even though you should always aim to make your purchase an affordable one, you do not want to sacrifice quality. When you have a set price, shop around for a good deal.
- You should not wear your jewelry if you plan on going for a swim or if you plan on going in any other body of water that may contain harsh chemicals. These sorts of things can cause your jewelry to age much more quickly. Protect your jewelry and be conscientious.
Jewelry can take an outfit from ordinary to stunning, but it’s important to select your jewelry carefully. A little jewelry goes a long way, and the wrong piece can clash with an otherwise stylish ensemble. As you decide what jewelry you should wear, keep the advice in this article in mind. It will ensure that your jewelry makes the fashion statement you want it to make.