Your adventures with travel don’t have to be the horror stories that so many people you know have probably told you. This article will give you more ideas of how you can make sure that this is the way it goes for you as well. Maintain a happy attitude while travelling. Things can get rather tense at airports. Tempers run high. The people who work there often have a hard time of things. Keeping a positive demeanour about you, at least outwardly, will likely improve your experience. A negative attitude will seldom get you anywhere.
Tips and Tricks:
- Sanitize your area. You may get a few sideways glances, but in the confined space of a crowded aircraft, you are just asking to get sick. Bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer or some sanitizing wipes and wipe off your tray table, armrests and any buttons, as soon as you sit down. Be sure to also use it on your hands and try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- No matter what your intentions are, you should always join the airlines frequent travel club. Even if you never fly again, you may receive a perk just for joining. On the other hand, you may fly with them a few times and you will receive benefits every time that you do.
- One way to collect memories of your trip is to do crayon rubbings of architectural features, historical markers or even, just interesting textures. All you need is a crayon and thin, newsprint like, paper. Tear the paper cover off the outside of the crayon. Next, hold the paper flat on the surface you are recording. To complete the rubbing, use the side of the crayon rubbing it back and forth until the image emerges.
- If you’re going to be going on a road trip, bring a power inverter with you. A power inverter is a handy device that you plug into your car’s cigarette lighter and then lets you plug anything into it. It’s great if you’re traveling with kids since you can plug video games or a laptop in.
- If you’re going to be driving to your destination, especially if it’s a long trip, try to travel at night. There’s a lot less traffic on the roads so you can most likely get their faster. And if you’re traveling with kids, they can curl up in the back seat and sleep the drive away.
- Bring a gift for the flight attendants to gain special treatment. Flight attendants are generally treated very poorly, and if you bring them a treat, like a store-bought pie or something similar, they will recognize your generosity and treat you accordingly. Remember to thank them for doing their jobs. They are working for your safety, not as your maid.
- If you are taking a cruise, bring a tackle box and use it to store your valuables. Most thieves are only interested in what they can quickly find and get out with. They probably will not think to look in a tackle box for valuables.
How to Go:
- To save money on your vacation, choose a hotel that offers rooms with an en-suite kitchen or kitchenette. Even a simple refrigerator can save you big bucks if, instead of paying for the pricy hotel breakfast buffet, you pick up some cereal, milk, and yogurt to eat in your room.
- Many families choose their vacation destination in order to visit a specific amusement park, and, while an exciting time is expected for all, there are ways to ensure that these expectations are met. If one of your children is hesitant to get on a ride, don’t try to talk him or her into it by saying that the ride isn’t scary. Chances are, if it looks scary to your child, it will be.
- Prevent early burnout by taking a mid-afternoon break at a nearby restaurant for a sit-down lunch or by relaxing at the poolside of your hotel for an hour. Give each child a waist bag packed with snacks to avoid an argument at every concession stand you pass. Now, strap yourself in, and enjoy the ride!
Making sure that your trip goes off without a hitch and that you have a wonderful time, regardless of if your trip is for business or travel is the point of this article. If you implement what you read here you should have a nice, calm, uneventful trip next time you leave town.