One of the worst and most common mistakes that can be made when it comes to mobile marketing is the lack of respect for individuals’ privacy. For more great tips on what to do and not to do with this type of marketing, read on.
Tips to consider:
- Mobile marketers should be mindful of the importance of aiding existing customers in sharing their subscriber status with their friends and acquaintances. Be sure to encourage customers to pass text offers onto others, and you will immediately have the power to expand your reach beyond the customer base you already had.
- Stay away from caps lock, unless you are giving a call to action. Using caps lock at any other time during a message can come across as if you are yelling at someone, and no one likes to be yelled at. Stay polite and calm by only using caps lock if necessary.
- You might know that you should be using mobile marketing to drive people to your main site, but you should also use your main site to drive people to mobile marketing. The idea here is to retain customers and to keep in contact with them while they’re using mobile devices.
- Focus on a new type of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your mobile marketing campaign. Search engine optimization in the mobile market really focuses primarily on using one search engine and also emphasizes your location more than regular SEO. Most of what you know about SEO remains unchanged, but there are new aspects to learn with mobile sites.
- Be sure that you understand that a mobile site is not just a scaled-down version of your business, but it’s actually a summarized version. Many mobile marketers make the mistake of attempting to scale down their entire business and ultimately end up losing customers. You do not need to create two separate businesses here.
How to do:
- Be very aware of the market conditions around you when involved in mobile marketing. If anything changes that you’re not absolutely prepared for, you can easily be left behind and lose a lot of business. The internet is constantly changing, especially the still-evolving mobile leg of it. Always stay prepared for change.
- You know by now that you should be interacting with your customers via mobile marketing, but you can also ask your customers to interact with you. You send them videos and messages; maybe you should ask if they have anything they want to send. Especially if you have a blog affiliated with your business, posting user videos there can increase your profile.
- Make your ads suitable to small screens and slower speeds or they may not be viewed at all! Most mobile devices have tiny screens and data speeds much slower than a regular PC so design your mobile content to be displayed accordingly or else it may never reach its intended target!
- Here is another tip for those who wish to use qr codes for mobile marketing. When generating qr codes, be sure to use a free service. By choosing a free service, you can advertise without spending a dime to promote. Make sure the service has tracking so you can know who scans your codes.
- When using mobile marketing, try to use text as much as possible and avoid using large files such as pictures. You might have the best mobile device with super screaming fast 4G download speeds where you can access the net from anywhere, but your customer likely does not. So design your mobile marketing in ways the work for everyone.
Don’t overdo. Be aware that different people have different mobile pricing plans, so one message from you could put them over their SMS limit; how receptive do you think they’ll be to your messages when you cost them too much money? Send out the fewest mobile messages per day that you can. To wrap it up, you want to make sure that not only you are getting your message out to the right audience but also doing it in a way that shows respect to your customers. Hopefully, this article provided plenty of information to help you with your mobile marketing plan.