You have to understand the ins and outs of it, how it works and how to work it. The article below offers tons of tips and tricks to help you get the most from this amazing device. The user reviews are generally incredibly accurate in representations of the quality of the application. Of course, you need to make sure that there are more than just one or two reviews, but if there are, and if the app has four or five stars, you should be good to go.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you own an iPad, it is a good idea to make a backup. You can force iTunes to make a back up so that your data is properly saved. Go to iTunes and right-click on devices list and select backup. You can also use the same feature in iCloud to backup as well.
- If you enjoy frequently using smiley face or alternate emoticons, have the Emoji keyboard. To get this keyboard, tap settings, then General, and finally, Keyboard. Tap the international keyboards’ icon and look for Emoji. To add it, all you have to do is simply tap it. The next time you see the onscreen keyboard, it will be there.
- Know how to take a screenshot with your iPad. Simply depress the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for just a second. A photo of your screen’s contents will automatically appear in your photo folder for easy access. Be careful not to depress the buttons too long, however, because the device will reboot.
- Get a screen protector for your iPad before you begin to use the device. While the screens on the iPads are of very high quality, they can still be damaged relatively easily if they are not protected. The smallest grain of dirt rubbed across the screen with your finger can result in a large scratch.
- Change the passcode on your iPad. You automatically are prompted for only a four-digit password. However, this is not as secure as you would like since this not only gets you into your iPad but also is used to encrypt your data. Therefore, go to Passcode Lock under your General Settings and turn off Simple Passcode. After that, you will be able to make the password any length you like using any keyboard characters.
How to Buy:
- Do you want to make sure everything you bookmark on your computer is also bookmarked in Safari on your iPad? This is easy to do using iTunes. On the Info tab, you go to the Other option and select the option to sync your bookmarks with Safari or your other preferred browser.
- Let your children play with the iPad. Because the functions run on a touch screen, even small toddlers can have fun with it. This is a great way to introduce the computer to your young children. Watch how they use this tool, and you will be amazed at how quickly they learn on it.
- Do you like to email your iPad pictures to friends and family? There is a really simple way to do this. Just pick the photo you want to share, then press the arrow button in the top right corner. You will see a selection there that you can use to email the photo.
- If you have young children who will be using your iPad, you might want to restrict their access to mature content. Even by accident, it is easy for a child to access an inappropriate website unless you do this. Simply go to your settings, and then click on general. There you will find “enable restrictions.” Tap on this and you will find a list of restrictions that you can select from.
If you have some recently purchased apps from the app store you want to hide, it’s quite easy! Open up the App Store and click on the ‘purchased’ tab on the bottom of your screen. It should give you a list of apps and choose the one you wish to hide. Swipe over the app or right over it, and it should now grey out over the ‘installed’ button. A red button will pop up and you will now have the option to hide the app. If you want to improve your iPad experience, use these tips. Knowledge of iPads can help you expand the device’s utility beyond what you ever thought possible, as long as you are willing to put that know-how to work.